by Alex Moore
Can you match these eight sentences to their writers’ L1s? They were all written by either an Arabic, Chinese, Polish or Spanish native speaker, and contain a characteristic punctuation-related mistake.
- ¿When are you coming?
- He said,,I don’t believe you”.
- I went with my friends to Indonesia a beautiful country.
- Hi! How are you. Are you OK.
- Tell them, that you’re not a baby any more, and you can go alone.
- Isabelle said don’t worry . . .
To access articles and resources sign up here